The Chronicle of Higher Education – Advertising Operations Associate Needed
The Chronicle of Higher Education – Advertising Operations Associate
The Chronicle of Higher Education is hiring a highly motivated, energetic Advertising Operations Associate. This position will upload and monitor the delivery of online advertising campaigns for all three Chronicle websites in Google DFP. As the Ad Ops Associate, you’ll provide campaign statistic reports to sales representatives, advertisers, and agencies. You will partner with sales representatives and advertisers by maintaining inventory availability for all web sites. You’ll also collaborate with sales representatives on all print and online advertising matters, including billing and invoicing. You will be joining a strong advertising operations team and serve as back up to the Director.
What you’ll do:
- Responsible for maintaining the integrity of all live campaigns and ensuring that pacing, quality and performance goals are executed effectively and efficiently.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of Google DFP capabilities not limited to: audience targeting (build market segmentations and products); data collection (pixels, beacons, etc.); and reporting.
- Enter advertising orders, process materials, answer phone calls, set up accounts, and respond to billing inquiries.
- Collaborate with Chronicle Developers and Google DFP to resolve any online advertising production errors.
- Create, maintain and distribute sales and service productivity reports to sales reps, advertisers, and agencies.
- Educate customers on media products and services, identify potential sales opportunities, and refer leads to account managers.
- Maintain and monitor inventory and quality of all ads, and provide optimization recommendations by analyzing impressions, engagements, and active view.
- Complete monthly billing for online advertising, and provide back up to the Advertising Operations Associate for weekly billing for print advertising.
- Prepare special reports as requested by the sales staff, advertisers, marketing department, and management, as needed.
- Schedule and produce Advertiser-sponsored Webinars.
- Assist the Advertising Operations Associate in scheduling advertising in e-mail newsletters and maintaining the e-mail newsletter availability calendar
- Assist the Director, Advertising Operations and Advertising Operations Associate with print advertising production for all publications when needed.
- Maintain knowledge of print and online advertising production, and participate in training and testing for all new products.
- Research and identify new ways to improve digital and desktop technology.
- Research and resolve billing discrepancies and conflicts with advertisers and the Accounting Department.
- Assist in orienting new team members, and maintain instruction and training documentation
Who you are:
- 2+ years managing complex operational processes in online advertising
- Experience with ad systems and technologies including Google DFP, Operative, 3rd Party Ad Servers, or similar systems and technologies
- IAB Ad Ops Certification preferred
- Proficient with MS Excel
- Strong skills and capabilities in communication, customer service, organization and analysis
- Passion for digital marketing, curiosity towards industry technology
- Ability to work well with others and to multitask in a deadline-driven environment with a positive attitude
- Ability to define problems, collect data, draw conclusions and present findings to clients and sales reps
- Ability to assume accountability for completing assignments accurately and in a timely manner
- Experience with non-profits, institutions of higher education, and associations a plus
- Bachelor’s degree required
August 6, 2017
August 6, 2017
February 11, 2017